Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Crazy Labor Day Holiday!

               Boy did we have a crazy labor day weekend! I felt like I got no rest over the holiday but I guess part of it is my own fault. Well you all know we had our trip to Harrahs. The Friday we got back we met up with the in laws and had lunch. Saturday we took the day and went up to Cabrillo National Monument in San Diego. :) I never knew how beautiful it was there. All my life (well most of my life) living here and I had never been. So we got to see the Point Loma Lighthouse and all the military history there, like the barracks and canons.






















                The we headed down to the tide pools. Which weren't tide pools since the tide was in and we had just had the tropical storms with crazy waves and swells. But the beach was beautiful!

                Also the cool thing about driving there, you pass the Rosecrans Cemetery. It was so beautiful. To see the thousands of people that fought for this country was breathtaking. Reminds us to live every day to the fullest.

                  Then Sunday we ran all of our normal get ready for the week errands. That usually takes up a full day. Then we hit up the farm and got our local produce and whatever we cant get there then we have to go get at sprouts.

                 Monday we went to Disneyland with the In laws and my mom. We all have passes that are about to expire so we wanted to get the most of them since we wont be renewing due the rise in everything when it comes to Disneyland. The price has raised twice since we got our passes and even the parking went up. Sorry... my little rant! We miss you Walt!!! So we went in and the first thing we did when we got there was go to Blue Bayou. Usually we make reservations way in advance, but this trip was a spur of the moment kind of deal. They actually had an opening!! About an hour and half we waited but we were SO hungry we hit up the bar b q place in adventure land until it was time to eat. We got seated right by the water!!! I have eaten there twice before and haven't gotten the water and this time we did! It was also my in-laws anniversary. So it all worked out swimmingly. :) And the food is always amazing! After we went on a couple little rides. I had never been on storybook land. So we went on that. Haunted mansion was closed for the Halloween preparations. So I didn't get to go on that. :( Then we headed over to California Adventure. Went on Soarin and my Mom and Matt went on Tower of Terror. I wasn't in the mood for that ride. Esp after eating a heavy meal. Walked around and then headed home. We didn't get home till around 1130 and by the time I got to bed it was around 12. Then waking up at 4:45am was not fun. But well worth it!








No comments:

Post a Comment