Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Chai Iced Latte

So I don't know why but I have this strange obsession with making fancy coffees recently. I get more joy out of making them myself then paying triple the price and waiting a long line of people trying to get their fix.

Another obsession is chai! I love it! I try to stay away from caffeine in general (all my coffees are decaf) due to anxiety issues I have but that's a whole nother ball game. But chai is the one thing that i love to drink with caffeine. And the past couple days I have been having a craving for it. But of course we didn't have any of the stuff to make it so I set out last weekend to buy some goodies. I try to keep it as healthy as possible. The only think I was missing was the chai tea bags. And maybe a flavored sweetener.

SO I went to the store and grabbed some chai tea bags. All depends on which one you prefer. I chose Tazo. I also found a sweetener/syrup in vanilla and sugar free. And I already had the coconut milk.




So I went ahead and found a recipe online. I only made a small portion to try it out tomorrow morning before work. I boiled about a cup of water and added about 3 teabags once I took it off the stove top. That might sound like a lot but we want it to be strong once we add all the other ingredients. Then I put that away in the fridge in a cup with a lid for tomorrow morning. All I have to do is add the sweetener and milk in the morning and I am good to go. Not sure how its going to turn out but I will let you know tomorrow! :) I will take a pretty picture to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment